Sunday, October 16, 2011

My 29th Birthday ;-)

As much as I hate to admit it, I just celebrated the 21st anniversary of my 29th birthday. Jay had a business trip in Dallas in September, so we decided that while he was gone I would spend a week out in Utah. Unfortunately, his trip was moved up a week, so as soon as he got home from Texas I had to leave for Utah without him. After living apart for 5 months last year I wasn't really happy about being apart for those 2 weeks in September. Next time, I'm bringing him with me.

However, the week went by so quickly and I had a very enjoyable birthday with friends and family. I had a very nice welcome from my grandchildren and children. The girls set it up so we would rotate whose home to have dinner at and it felt like every night was a celebration. They have become very good cooks! Katy treated us to Dutch Oven, Darcy had a Fall party, and Amy treated us to roast beast on the rotisserie. I very much enjoyed seeing everyone together.
I also spend a fun-filled day at Roy Elementary School. It felt so natural to be back there with the students and staff who I will always consider friends/family.
Adam at the Kangaroo Zoo

Ben enjoys bouncing around

Peyton smiling for the camera

Hard to catch Korbin in action

Fall party at Darcy & Thom's house

Grandpa Hopkins would be SO proud!

Korbin chillin' with his animal crackers

Haley came prepared with many snacks and an animal encyclopedia

Haley & Peyton have a new friend

The train ride is always a favorite

Amy & Korbin take a ride

Enjoying some "Old McDonald"
Peyton LOVES maps-just like grandma :-)


Ben enjoys playing in water

No comments:

Post a Comment