Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chicks Dig Diamonds

 I love going to ball games and fortunately so does Jay. For the second weekend in a row we found ourselves at another game. This time we were at the Washington National's Park watching the Nationals take on the Orioles. This was our third game in three weeks and our first game without a rain delay. It was heaven on earth! However, before even getting to the game, we made a side trip to Gettysburg and to downtown D.C. I must admit I have not gotten used to crawling out of bed and being in the middle of a Civil War battlefield in half an hour much less at the steps of the Washington Monument in 90 minutes. So much to see and do. We look forward to our Saturdays.










I loved the presidents. After the third inning they had a race in the outfield.
Poor Teddy fell flat on his face. What a hoot!





We look forward to our next trip to Gettysburg when we can spend more time seeing the sights. I think I would like to watch a good DVD on the history of the Civil War so I can refresh my memory a bit on some of the details. So, if any of you have a favorite Civil War movie that you think we should watch, let us know.
After the ballgame we stopped off in Leesburg, Virginia to buy a BBQ for Father's Day. I completely fell in love with Leesburg. It was beautiful! I will definitely be going back to visit.


We look forward to the rest of our weekend. We will be attending church in the morning and having a yummy BBQ in the afternoon. It's going to be weird not having the kids and grandkids here with us tomorrow. We look forward to hearing from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment