Thursday, January 6, 2011

Road Trippin Day 3... Getting closer!

I've decided that this is one LARGE country! I've spent 3 straight days doing nothing but driving, and I'm still at least a full day away from Carlisle.

I finally encountered winter weather and spent most of the day driving in snow. It was not too heavy, but it was enough to slow things down considerably. I am now in Dayton Ohio. If the weather holds up, I should arrive in Carlisle sometime tomorrow night.

Due to the weather and the fact that there was not a whole lot to see today, I do not have any new photos to share. I did stop in Peoria to see if Jon ( Mary's brother) was working today but it was his day off. I stopped by his home, but no answer. so, I moved east and am now spending a snowy night in Dayton.

Rather than even try and venture out tonight, I'll see if I can catch up on some sleep and get an early start tomorrow. Sorry for the boring post, but , boring was the word of the day today!

I did get to talk to Peyton for a minute today which was fun. Mark also called so it is nice to get  an occasional call from people back home.

All is well... More to come tomorrow!

Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment